Let’s bring national attention to the FAA’s blatant disregard for the negative impacts of NextGen implementation on communities across the nation! Help us get our voices heard by our federal representatives so they will hold the FAA accountable for their actions. Let’s force the FAA to adopt a transparent community engagement process and conduct full environmental impact statements based on real data. Join us for our peaceful NO FLY DAY protest.
Join us in the San Diego #NoFlyDay Protest on
Saturday, October 24th, 2015
from 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM
across from the San Diego Airport
- Please remember this is a peaceful protest.
- Carpool if you can – N. Harbor Drive Sidewalks between Harbor Island Dr. (Airport Entrance & Airport Terminal Rd. – Across from Spanish Landing).
- Meeting Point: Cancer Survivors Park (See Map Image Here)
- Please wear a BLUE SHIRT
- Please make your OWN SIGNS (Sign ideas below!) and/or bring your NOPLANENOISE.COM Yard Signage
- Here is the NoFlyDay.org Official Logo if you wish to print your own t-shirt or use on signage.
- We are allowed to gather on the public sidewalks without a permit, however, we must follow all traffic laws and not impede the pedestrian right of way. For more details on protest rights please go to the following link.
- Social Media – Take Pictures, Make Posts & Tweet using hashtags #noflyday and #noplanenoise
- Social Media – Tag the @FAA
& Tag Your Government Representatives!
Darrell Issa – @darrellissa
Scott Peters – @repscottpeterssd
Susan Davis – @repsusandavis
Ben Hueso – @BenHueso
Shirley Weber – @DRshirleyweber
Kevin Faulconer – @kevin_faulconer
Council Woman Lori Zapf- @loriezapf
Council Man Todd Gloria – @toddgloria
Council Woman Sherri Lightner @sherrilightner
Barbara Boxer @
Scott Peters @RepScottPeters
Jerry Brown @JerryBrownGov
President Barack Obama @BarackObama
- There will be Media at the Protest! Here are our Talking Points!
- Bring a hat, bottle of water & comfortable shoes.
- Read about the National NoFlyDay.org Efforts! San Diego – We are NOT ALONE!
Sign Ideas & Possible Slogans (but please use your imagination-get the kids involved):
- Too Low! Too Loud! Too Many!
- NextGen = NoiseGen
- “No Impact” is a Lie
- FAA Deception (in a circle with a line through it)
- Make it Right FAA
- The FAA is Just Plane Wrong